OH, AND FYI:This is a personal blog. All opinions expressed here are my own and not those of anyone else.
- Planning a trip to Sintra tomorrow. @FLUMEmusic wrote this track, after traveling to it, his fav place in Portugal. youtu.be/fpyDJWxCep8 1 day ago
- workshop #2 on the global tour! twitter.com/glenlubbert/st… 3 days ago
- lisbon pizza tour (@ Casanova in Lisboa) swarmapp.com/c/0hs5miBkKkl https://t.co/INILSmSd9M 3 days ago
- Another A+ album by 1 of my fav producers @RAC. fun (and relevant) to enjoy while spending 2 weeks in Portugal. open.spotify.com/album/4soSC3Y3… 1 week ago
- catchy top 40 & not surprisingly produced by former contributor to RAC: There's Nothing Holdin Me Back, Shawn Mendes shz.am/t350525567 1 month ago
- my momma told me, you better shop around! so much great music. swarmapp.com/c/cTz3aapwn0h https://t.co/E0VeRU7AVw 1 month ago
- A successful first How To Design Habits Workshop with @glenlubbert last night in Grand Rapids, MI! More to come...… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
Tag Cloud5k 29gifts ALC art backpacking black rock city booger broadway Burning man california celebrity christmas coworkers cycling dance dance music dancing electronic electronic pop exercise family fast food flying Food friends fun with photoshop half marathon hiking house Hump day inappropriate interactive post invented day iphone kaskade kids links marathon marathon training mexico miike snow movies music my blog my review national park new music Now what only in san francisco outdoors pandemic photos pictures politics public shame pug reality tv religion remix ridiculousness road trip running san francisco social media sports travel traveling tv video wedding wednesday wildlife work yosemite youtube
relive the past
What are you looking for?
Could you have been?
- 56,807 moments shared here.
Tag Archives: ridiculousness
I’m about to run out of checks (even though I’ve only used about 30 in the last 4 years) so I just placed an order from the Bank of America website. Little did I know that you can customize your checks to make them a little more personal and ridiculous. See my new check design below!
Last weekend over Labor Day weekend Dave and I traveled to Washington D.C. to see our good friends Becca and Danielle (formerly of Berkeley). Our trip happened to coincide with the Maryland State Fair so of course, being the adventurers that we are, decided to check it out.
Little did we know the Maryland State Fair is actually in some big empty parking lot. I’m used to fairs out in the middle of nowhere, but whatever. To each fair his own.
It had been many years since I last attended a fair, many more since I attended a STATE fair… the grandstand daddy of ’em all. I don’t know what I was expecting but the Maryland State Fair was more or less a frightening experience. Frankly I’m not sure anyone living in this part of America (a.k.a. Red States) even realizes it exists. I certainly forgot about it in the four short years I’ve lived outside of Michigan. I can’t imagine what my born-and-bred-native-San Franciscan-coworkers would think.
Fried everything, obesity supreme, more livestock than you know what to do with, carnival rides from Hell, best-in-show 4-H competitions for produce, chainsaw wood carving artists…
Yikes. This place had it all.
I have to admit… we did indulge. We perused the cow, pig and sheep barns. We oohed and awwed over blue ribbon pumpkins. We ate fried Oreos and corn dogs. We cheered on little piggies in a pig race. We even risked our lives on the Zipper.
It was fun, I will say that. Will I go to another state fair anytime soon? Probably not.