Unless you’ve been living under a rock, it’s become quite clear that MySpace has lost nearly all relevance and is quickly going down the tubes. With the announcement of layoffs left and right, round the world, the company is clearly a sinking ship. Whether they can survive as a music platform/destination is still up in the air. One thing is clear to me though – a popular social networking site, they are no longer.
I was reluctant to ever even sign up for MySpace. I thought it was clunky, ugly and annoying. I was an early adopter to Facebook and have always been a fan. Needless to say I eventually signed up for an account and developed a profile but I never really embraced it.
To that end, I’m planning to delete my profile…. and I’d like you to join me. You know it sucks. You know it’s lame. You know you haven’t logged in in weeks and the last time you did it was only to stalk someone and/or view someone’s pictures. You know Facebook is superior. So just do it… delete your profile with me!
I hereby declare Wednesday, July 1, National Delete Your MySpace Profile Day.
Pledge your deletion in the comments section of this post, read the instructions below on how to delete your profile and spread the word!
How do you delete your profile on July 1…
- Log into MySpace.com.
- Click on My Account near the upper right corner.
- Click on Account among a horizontal list of options near the middle of the page.
- Scroll down to Account Cancellation. Click Cancel Account.
- Choose I’m bored with MySpace. Let’s face it. We are. Click No Thanks. Don’t like you MySpace!
- Continue clicking yes in what will probably be a series of are you sure’s? (I don’t know for a fact. I haven’t gone through the entire deletion process yet. Saving that for July 1!)