This morning I was browsing 29gifts.org looking for some new ideas for giving. Each month 29gifts.org chooses one organization or cause for the community to rally around and support. Back in October, for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, they chose to support Elysia Skye. At 24, Elysia had to have a double mastectomy and a bunch of lymph nodes removed due to breast cancer. Up until last month, she suffered from lymphoedemia in her right arm. She needed to raise $30,000 to pay for a little-known surgery to correct the lymphoedemia. Of course, her insurance company wouldn’t pay for it because they conveniently considered it “experimental.” For that reason, the 29gifts community rallied around her to raise money for her surgery. She had the surgery on November 11, but since she unfortunately didn’t raise the full $30,000 then, I figure she can still use my donation. Read more about Elysia and her organization here.
OH, AND FYI:This is a personal blog. All opinions expressed here are my own and not those of anyone else.
- New album from @kimbramusic out = weekend listening. open.spotify.com/album/4pj0BkJ7… 4 days ago
- Jardín Colombia vibes. Late Night (Solomun Remix) by Foals. shazam.com/track/90156439… 1 month ago
- How did I miss this @yottomisic Essential Mix? 🔥 twitter.com/anjunadeep/sta… 1 month ago
- Keala Settle killed it at the #Oscars. This is Me from The Greatest Showman = my pick for Best Song. 1 month ago
- Best tunes in Medellín @ Alta Gracia in Provenza. Break Yourself by Hook N Sling Feat. Far East Movement. shazam.com/track/23898283… 1 month ago
- Up up and away (and impressively down back again). @SpaceX #FalconHeavy launches! https://t.co/KENyLkCwFJ 2 months ago
- First new album listen of the new year: Little By Little @Lane8music. open.spotify.com/album/6snYAeR3… 3 months ago
Tag Cloud5k 29gifts ALC art backpacking black rock city booger broadway Burning man california celebrity christmas coworkers cycling dance dance music dancing electronic electronic pop exercise family fast food flying Food friends fun with photoshop half marathon hiking house Hump day inappropriate interactive post invented day iphone kaskade kids links marathon marathon training mexico miike snow movies music my blog my review national park new music Now what only in san francisco outdoors pandemic photos pictures politics public shame pug reality tv religion remix ridiculousness road trip running san francisco social media sports travel traveling tv video wedding wednesday wildlife work yosemite youtube
relive the past
What are you looking for?
Could you have been?
- 57,652 moments shared here.