This morning I was browsing 29gifts.org looking for some new ideas for giving. Each month 29gifts.org chooses one organization or cause for the community to rally around and support. Back in October, for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, they chose to support Elysia Skye. At 24, Elysia had to have a double mastectomy and a bunch of lymph nodes removed due to breast cancer. Up until last month, she suffered from lymphoedemia in her right arm. She needed to raise $30,000 to pay for a little-known surgery to correct the lymphoedemia. Of course, her insurance company wouldn’t pay for it because they conveniently considered it “experimental.” For that reason, the 29gifts community rallied around her to raise money for her surgery. She had the surgery on November 11, but since she unfortunately didn’t raise the full $30,000 then, I figure she can still use my donation. Read more about Elysia and her organization here.
OH, AND FYI:This is a personal blog. All opinions expressed here are my own and not those of anyone else.
- catchy top 40 & not surprisingly produced by former contributor to RAC: There's Nothing Holdin Me Back, Shawn Mendes shz.am/t350525567 1 week ago
- my momma told me, you better shop around! so much great music. swarmapp.com/c/cTz3aapwn0h https://t.co/E0VeRU7AVw 1 week ago
- A successful first How To Design Habits Workshop with @glenlubbert last night in Grand Rapids, MI! More to come...… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- Our first habits workshop tonight! twitter.com/glenlubbert/st… 1 week ago
- RT @glenlubbert: Grand Rapids, MI, want to learn How to Design Habits? Join me for my workshop next week: goo.gl/35dStz #habits #… 2 weeks ago
- can't wait to watch this totally unique and original movie. Bong Joon-Ho + Dolby tech = great combo twitter.com/dolby/status/8… 3 weeks ago
- Get tested, know your status. #NationalHIVTestingDay (at @OneMedical in San Francisco, CA) swarmapp.com/c/iwlmnVG0MPF https://t.co/TJUM2HczjI 4 weeks ago
Tag Cloud5k 29gifts ALC art backpacking black rock city booger broadway Burning man california celebrity christmas coworkers cycling dance dance music dancing electronic electronic pop exercise family fast food flying Food friends fun with photoshop half marathon hiking house Hump day inappropriate interactive post invented day iphone kaskade kids links marathon marathon training mexico miike snow movies music my blog my review national park new music Now what only in san francisco outdoors pandemic photos pictures politics public shame pug reality tv religion remix ridiculousness road trip running san francisco social media sports travel traveling tv video wedding wednesday wildlife work yosemite youtube
relive the past
What are you looking for?
Could you have been?
- 56,704 moments shared here.